All posters must be uploaded in PDF/A format for better visualization on a wide range of systems. Instructions on how to generate a file with high quality and reasonable files from popular tools are suggested below.
All posters must have the IBIC 2021 logo visible, with the poster code assigned by SPMS easily visible for easy reference by readers who have downloaded your poster.
The poster should follow the traditional printed format, and as long as readability is observed, you may choose between usual formats. We suggest following the traditional A0 portrait, or a similar format around 80x120 cm, format as in previous IBIC editions. A0 landscape format is also a good alternative for viewing the poster by the screen sharing.
Templates for different poster formats may be found in the following websites:
To ensure files with high quality and low file size for downloading, and also to avoid problems caused by differences in computer setup, please follow the following technical guidelines:
- Format: PDF/A
- Image resolution: 150dpi
- JPEG compression: 90%
Generating the PDF from PowerPoint
Prefer using PowerPoint internal tool instead of a virtual printing to generate the PDF. Do not export notes, remarks, ink, or any supporting features. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Click the Create PDF/XPS button on File -> Export -> Create PDF/XPS document
- In the Optimize session, choose "Minimum size (publishing online)"
- Click the "Options..." button
- Make sure all options are turned off, except PDF/A compliant. It should be similar to the following screenshot.
- Click Ok and then, Publish.
Generating the PDF from LibreOffice Impress
Prefer using Impress' "Export as PDF" instead of a virtual printing to generate the PDF. Do not export notes, remarks, ink, or any supporting features. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Click on "File", then "Export as PDF"
- In the "Images" session:
- Select "JPEG compression" and set Quality to 90%
- Select "Reduce image resolution" and select 150dpi.
- In the General session:
- Check the "Archive PDF/A-1A (ISO19005-1)" option
- Leave all the "Export..." options unchecked.
- Your configuration should be similar to the following screenshot:
- Click export
The SPC reserves the right to reject publication of papers which have not been properly presented or manned in the poster sessions. Manuscripts of contributions to the proceedings (or enlargements of them) are not considered as posters and papers presented in this way will not be accepted for publication.
Submission of Posters
The pdf file of the poster which will be presented in the poster session can be uploaded in addition to the paper in the IBIC'21 SPMS. The poster has the paper’s program code too, but gets "_poster" as additional qualifier. Example for paper code MOP153, the file name should be: MOP153_poster.pdf and is uploaded using File Type Poster.