* The presentation time of timetable is automatically adjusted to the timezone of your homepage. Please, make sure that you select right timezone to your country.
The 7th International APXPS Workshop, APXPS-2020, will be hosted by Pohang Accelerator Laboratory (PAL), Korea. However, due to COVID-19 pandemic, the workshop will be held online. The workshop provides the open space for scientists to discuss and exchange ideas on the latest developments and applications of Ambient Pressure XPS. The major topics of APXPS-2020 will include, but not limited to, Materials and Interfaces, Catalysis, Electrochemistry, and Environmental Science.
The date of the workshop will be Dec. 15th~17th, 2020. The workshop includes plenary and invited speakers, contributed talks, and poster sessions. Even though the workshop will be held online, we will do our best to maintain the spirit of previous APXPS workshop by holding “Once-A-Day (OAD) Get-Together” session, Giveaway event for available participants, and virtual tour of APXPS beamline at PAL. The APXPS-2020 is planned jointly by the local organizing committee from IBS, GIST, KAIST, KBSI, KNU, PAL, and SNU.
Plenary/Invited Speakers (Confirmed)
- Ulrike Diebold Technische Universität Wien, Austria
- Giulia Galli University of Chicago, USA
- Yung-Eun Sung Seoul National University / Institute for Basic Science, Republic of Korea
- Luca Artiglia Paul Scherrer Institute, Switzerland
- Marco Favaro Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin, Germany
- WooChul Jung Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Republic of Korea
- ChunJung Kim Chungnam National University, Republic of Korea
- Jeongjin Kim Massachusettes Institute of Technology, USA
- Jan Knudsen Lund University, Sweden
- Kug-Seung Lee Pohang Accelerator Laboratory, Republic of Korea
- Yi-Chun Lu Chinese University of Hong Kong, The People’s Republic of China
- Neus Domingo Marimon Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology – ICN2, Spain
- Jungwon Park Seoul National University, Republic of Korea
- François Rochet Sorbonne Université, France
- Sanjaya Senanayake Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA
- Iradwikanari Waluyo Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA
- Beibei Wang Shanghai Tech University, The People’s Republic of China
- Bilge Yildiz Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Toshihiko Yokoyama Institute for Molecular Science, Japan
- Jun Yoshinobu University of Tokyo, Japan
A special technical session is added for the sharing information on gas safety at synchrotron facilities. In this session, the following topics will be discussed with
- Gas delivery system at beamline endstation
- Procedure of gas handling, such as N2, O2, CO, CO2, NO, NH3, SO2, etc.
- Safety measures of gases
- Previous issues with gas safety at each facility
The following 5 representatives from each synchrotron facility will deliver practical knowledges on gas delivery system and safety issues.
- Doug Taube , ALS, Berkeley (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Daniel Brennecke, BESSY, Berlin (email@example.com)
- Christine Ali, NSLS-II, Brookhaven (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Geonhwa Kim, PLS-II, Pohang (email@example.com)
- Suyun Zhu, MAX-IV, Lund (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The time and date for this session is Dec. 17th, 2020
Best Poster Prize